Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kleinfeld – It’s not just a store, it’s an Experience!!

I had the honor to receive an exclusive tour of the world famous Kleinfeld Bridal Salon last Friday. I met the President and owner, Mara Urshell and the wonderful staff as well. From the moment I walked in, I can feel the excitement. There were several brides there with their friends and family to share in the great experience of the dress hunt. Occasionally I could hear a spontaneous round of applause and brides saying, I said “Yes to the Dress”!! It was a wonderful experience to witness.

On this particular day, I was also able to be a part of the Lazaro trunk show. The designer himself was on hand to help brides choose their dress and give his expert advice.
The staff was also preparing for the taping of another episode of the hit show “Say Yes to the Dress”. I was like a kid in a candy store. My wonderful tour guide, Michelle (Mara Urshell’s assistant) took me around to every department. There is the consultation/dressing room where the brides discuss their vision with their personal bridal consultant and try on dresses. My favorite feature of the consultation/dressing room area is the webcam. If you have a family mem
ber that cannot be there for your dress shopping experience, they can go online and be a join the fun. How cool is that!!

Then there is the famous stock room (for lack of a better term) It’s really a bride’s dream!! There are over 1,600 samples on hand. There are rows and rows of dresses categorized by designer, silhouette and price. There is even a category specifically for destination brides.

Then there is the fitting department for after a bride has received her dress, she comes in to meet with a seamstress to ensure her dress fits like a glove. There is a department for alterations, beading and the custom veils. This is where a dress may receive something a simple as hem to additional beading. No matter the request Kleinfeld team will work with the brides to ensure each bride’s dress is exactly what she wants.

Then it’s off to the packaging department where the dress is pressed, stuffed and packaged with special care.

There is a lot of hard work that goes into each dress but it’s all worth it because the bride is happy.

There is not a bride in the world that cannot find a dress at Kleinfeld. There are dresses priced from $1,000 and up but the average cost of a gow

n is about $4,000.00. The sizes range from 2 to 22. Kleinfeld goes the extra mile to meet the needs of all brides. They offer a wide variety of designers with different prices and styles. Kleinfeld also has samples sales during the year; this is a great opportunity for a bride to find a dress a great price. The next sample sale will take place on December 2nd so mark your calendars!! You can also purchase shoes, accessories and undergarments directly from Kleinfeld.

There is also an evening gown department where mother of the brides can say yes to dress as well. Rose Taft evening wear for mothers of the bride was also having a trunk show during my tour as well. Here is my favorite mother of the bride dress by Rose Taft.

I also had the pleasure to meet with Jenette Kruska (Assitant Director of Marketing) and Laura Scotto (Director of Marketing) for an inside look at what’s new for 2009. Some of the biggest trends they have been seeing are textures, dimensions, pleating, bold embellishments, the one shoulder gown, short dresses, the convertible dress, layers and my personal favorite, dresses with pockets. Although new trends may arise, their advice is to find the dress that is best for you.

Finding your wedding dress is a magical moment. You try it on, you look in the mirror and this feeling comes over you. Right at that moment, you know it’s the one!! Whether it’s the 1st dress or the 20th dress, when it’s the one you know it. There is nothing like when a bride finds the perfect dress, it’s a magical moment which I’m always ecstatic to be a part of. I get just as excited as the bride. To help you find that special dress, Kleinfeld is the place to turn to!! The selection is outstanding and the customer service is top notch!! There is no place like Kleinfeld.

I would like to say a special thank you to Mara Urshel, Jenette Kruska, Laura Scotto and my wonderful tour guide Michelle. I had the best time and I will always remember my day at Kleinfeld!!

Happy Planning,

Deniesha Joseph
Couture Events by D
Designed by me, Just for you
http://www.coutureventsbyd.com/
718.938.4713

No comments: